Waiver and Release from Liability
In consideration of my registration and for permitting me to participate in the WESTERN VALLEY CYCLING Rides, I hereby take accountability for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns as follows:
1. I certify that I am physically fit, have trained sufficiently for participation in this event and have not been advised against participating by a qualified medical person.
2. I agree to give all other vehicles the right of way and conduct myself in a safe manner. I understand that the use of a hard-shell riding helmet is required for this event. As the event may require riding in low-visibility conditions (such as darkness, fog, rain, tunnels etc), I will at all times be equipped with and deploy a strong front light, red rear lights (with spare bulbs and batteries for both) and reflective vest / bandolier. I understand that portions of the route are along busy roads / highways, and I will obey all safety regulations for bicycles travelling on busy roadways, and will be governed by all the local laws, including traffic laws.
3. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to be familiar with the route for this event. I understand and agree that situations may arise during the event that may be beyond the immediate control of the event organisers, officials and volunteers. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the entities or persons from WESTERN VALLEY CYCLING, its constituents, and its assigned associates from any and all claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of any of my actions during this event.
4. I understand that only basic first aid may be available to participants on the event route, provided the official vehicle is close at hand. Should I require additional medical attention, I hereby consent to receive such medical treatment which may be deemed advisable during the event, and understand that I am solely responsible for all costs and consequences relating to medical administration, evacuation and transportation.
5. I agree that my registration fee is non-refundable. I understand that the event could be cancelled due to weather or other causes or rescheduled at the sole discretion of the event organizers. I accept that the route may be changed due to circumstances beyond the event organizer's control.
6. I fully acknowledge that cycling is a hazardous activity and that this event carries with it the potential for death, serious injury and property damage and property loss. I hereby assume all the risks of participating in this event, regardless of their cause. I waive, release and forever discharge WESTERN VALLEY CYCLING, its constituents and its assigned associates from any and all liability for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft or any actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me from this event.
7. I will permit free use of my name and pictures from the event in media broadcasts, print and television etc. This waiver and release of liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
8.COVID-19 : Hereby undertake the rules and regulation by Indian government presided by state and central government COVID-19 norms.
I/ we, the undersigned in my personal capacity and in my capacity as parent/, guardian or temporary custodian of this minor Children / Adult ( Men or Women), do hereby irrevocably indemnify in participating Western Valley MTB Challenge 2019 Cycling event conducted by Western Valley Cycling (“WCC”) and their affiliates together with any officials, the organising body, any sponsor or any person assisting at this event organised by WCC and hold them harm-less against any liability or claims of any nature whatsoever and however arising, including gross negligence, at this event in respect of injuries or death to myself and the damages suffered by me or to my equipment ( Bike/Cycle) or by any person or to any property in my custody or under my control now and in future.
To the extent that as a participant in this event organised by WCC or any person who is under my custody or control at this event is not capable of waiving his or her rights as set out above.
I, as parent/ guardian or temporary custodian as the case may be, authorise that person’s participation or attendance at this event, hereby consent to that person being bound by the foregoing.
Finally I/We hereby acknowledge that I/We person who is under my custody or control, participant in this event entirely at my own risk and that I have read and fully understand the terms of the indemnity.
Once you register for an event, it is non-transferable or non-refundable.
Is it open for everyone?It is open for registered riders on event date. Minor riders should be accompanied by their legal guardians on race day.
How to register for the events?You can register through our website http://www.westernvalleycycling.com
What are the mandatory items i should carry?Your safety is our first concern. Helmets are mandatory- No Helmet No ride. So dont be sorry later. We recommend shoes and gloves for extra protection.
When shall i collect my BIB?Bib collection date and location will be updated through your registered email id. No bib distribution on race day.
Where is the race?Detailed information about the location and reporting time will be advised to your registered email id.
Do i need to bring hydration?Hydration point available at the start line only.So plan your race hydration accordingly. Water,Banana, ORS and chikki available for all riders.
Will there be Technical support during race?Basic technical support will be available before start of the race only.
Can i transfer my race registration?All entries are non-transferable.